Laser Resurfacing Day Before
Now we are going to talk about things you would need to know the Day / Night Before your Laser Resurfacing Procedure to be fully prepared During this discussion if you ever have any questions you can call us at (425.990.3223), or email us anytime. We try to respond within the first day and we are constantly checking our emails throughout the day.
To prepare for your CO2 Laser Resurfacing Procedure the day before:
- Be prepared to bring your medications that we prescribed to you along with you to your procedure. it is also a good idea to bring you normal medications just to have Dr Young review them once again.
- Have nothing to eat 6 hours before your procedure. But you should eat and drink as much as you can before this time point. We suggest at the least drinking 64 ounces of fluids with some solutes contained such as Gatorade, Poweraid, Juices, etc and not just water.
- Make sure that you know exactly when you should be in our office if you are unsure.
- Our Nurse will call you the night before and go over some questions with you and reiterate these points.
- If you have not done so already you should be aware of the precautions associated with Co2 resurfacing.
- You should have no significant sun exposure for 4-6 weeks prior to your procedure. The topicals above should be applied for 4 weeks before your procedure and stopped one week before your procedure to allow your skin to recuperate from the topicals.
- For 2 weeks before and after your procedure, you should have avoided all the medications on this list and essentially High Dose Vitamin E, Aspirin, Anti-inflammatories, herbal medications, supplements (not cleared by Dr Young), Fish Oils, Omega Three’s.
- You should have someone responsible driving you to your appointment if you are to have Intravenous (IV) sedation. You should also bring your caretaker form.
- You should also bring in all of your paperwork, especially the ones that you need clarifying or that you have questions regarding.
On the day of your procedure:
Come to the office with a clean face; no eye make-up, no lotion, no sunscreen. Be sure to be on time. You may need extra time for topical anesthetic. Do not wear contact lenses. You will need someone to drive you home.
Contact us Today
Your path to a more confident you begins here. Please contact us with any questions or to schedule your complimentary consultation with one of our Patient Care Coordinators by filling out the form below. You can also call us at 425-990-3223
. We look forward to hearing from you!