Laser Resurfacing Precautions
The following health conditions are contraindicated for CO2 laser resurfacing. If you have a history of any of the following; you may need to reconsider having CO2 laser resurfacing treatment.
- Current or history of cancer, especially malignant melanoma, or recurrent non-melanoma skin cancer, or pre-cancerous lesions such as multiple dysplastic nevi.
- Any active infection.
- Disease which may be stimulated by light at 560nm to 1200nm, such as history of recurrent Herpes simplex, systemic lupus erythematosus, or porphyria.
- Use of photosensitive medication and / or herbs that may cause sensitivity to 560-1200m light exposure such as Isotretinoin, tetracycline, or St John’s Wort (Best Avoided for at least one year before your resurfacing).
- Immunosuppressive disease, including AIDS and HIV infection, or use of immunosuppressive medications.
- Patient history of hormonal or endocrine disorders, such as polycystic ovary syndrome or diabetes, unless under control.
- History of bleeding coagulopathies, or use of anticoagulants.
- History of keloid or hypertrophic scarring.
- Very dry skin that requires medical treatment and is currently not under control
- Exposure to sun or artificial tanning during the 3-4 weeks prior to treatment. Sunblock should be applied 2 weeks or more before your procedure using a product that is sensitive for the skin and contains titanium dioxide or zinc oxide-containing sunblock.
- Skin type V1 or very dark, black skin types.
- Pregnancy and nursing.
- Ectropion, outward turning of the lower eyelid and excessively dry eyes, previous lower Blepharoplasty.
- Koebnerizing diseases, prior radiation therapy leading to a loss of adnexal structures, extensive fibrosis resulting from prior cosmetic treatments (e.g., dermabrasion, deep chemical peels, silicone injections).
During this discussion if you ever have any questions you can call us at (425.990.3223), or email us anytime. We try to respond within the first day and we are constantly checking our emails throughout the day.
Contact us Today
Your path to a more confident you begins here. Please contact us with any questions or to schedule your complimentary consultation with one of our Patient Care Coordinators by filling out the form below. You can also call us at 425-990-3223
. We look forward to hearing from you!