Every patient will be informed of their responsibilities and expected conduct while a patient at Aesthetic Facial Plastic Surgery.
To assure each patient understands their responsibilities to the health care providers at Aesthetic Facial Plastic Surgery.
Patients coming to Aesthetic Facial Plastic Surgery will be made aware of their responsibilities and expected conduct while undergoing treatment.
The responsibilities, conduct, participation are as follows:
- To provide healthcare providers with information about any past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications and other health matters.
- To inform the healthcare provider of any living will/advanced directives and provide a copy.
- To ask questions if you do not understand instructions or explanations given by the healthcare providers and/or staff.
- To keep appointments as scheduled and to telephone the staff in case of a cancellation.
- To follow healthcare providers instructions and plan of treatment.
- To provide a responsible adult to drive you to and from the office for a sedated procedure.
- To provide a 24-hour caregiver to stay with you after a procedure, if necessary.
- To make payments for services rendered if a balance remains after insurance pays.
- To discuss consequences of refusing treatment or not adhering to plan of treatment or leaving “against medical advice” (AMA) with your physician.
- To refuse to participate in experimental research.
- To refuse to allow care from a student or trainee.